Shelter rescue - This boy is in awful shape. Check in with us from time to time to track his progress.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Baby Moses Update - Day 5 - More Improvement

Baby Moses had breakfast outside early this morning while it was cool and I could get some pictures. He has also learned to hand you his paw when you when you say "Paw." He caught on to this trick in about two minutes since there was a treat involved. LOL !!

I have also started taking him out early in the morning and late in the evening to get the muscles in his legs built up. I walk out into the yard a little ways, kneel down, and call him to me. At first he could only come at a slow walk because of his feet being sore. Now, he is up to a rolling gate. We only do this for five to ten minutes at a time. He has not tried to run at all. His energy level is not at that point yet but is well on its way. This baby is still sleeping and resting a lot from all the trauma he has been through.

I was a little surprised the morning when I was taking pictures. When I said the word "Stack" he turned and looked at me. The he went into a pose on his own that almost looks like he is 'self stacking." You show people will know more about this than I do.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and thanks to all of you for your prayers, love, support, encouragement,and great advice. This is a great team effort to help this baby regain his health and self esteem so he can become a big beefy self-confident bulldog.

Eating breakfast outside while it is cool.


He never gets full !


Performing his new trick


Presenting his paw and getting his treat.


Getting a butt scratch for doing his trick well.


Doing physical therapy with Mom.


What did you say?? Stack???


How is this??? Does this look like a "Stack"


How do I look from this angle??



http://www.flickr.com/photos/southernalbulldogs/

You think dogs will not be in Heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.

Robert Louis Stevenson

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Lisa,

Thank you for keeping all of us up to date on Moses' progress! I am excited to see his physical and emotional wounds healed through the love and affection he is receiving from you.