Shelter rescue - This boy is in awful shape. Check in with us from time to time to track his progress.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

He is so sweet and so pitiful

He is so sweet and so pitiful. The sores on his head are drying, but they break open and bleed if he moves his head too much.

I almost lost it coming home. The vet put him in the passenger side of the truck and he just sat there very still with the air blowing on him. I pulled out into the highway and got straighened out and he put his paw on the arm rest where my arm was. Next thing I knew he was licking under my neck and then laid his head against my chest right over my heart. He wanted to be next to someone and be loved on so bad. Just in cast you are wondering, he does not smell the best in the world and he did get some slobber and blood on my clothes. But who cares, I figure that is why God allowed us to have Tide detergent and Shout stain remover.

I guess the worm medicine and food kicked in when we got home. He has pooped four piles and ate a small bowl of kibble.

Right now I have in my guest bathroom where it is nice and cool with a babygate across the door so he can see out. I fixed him a bed and he lying on it snoozing his little heart out.

He has a long way to go, please keep both of us in your prayers. Pray for his speedy healing and pray for me that will do the right things to make him feel better and heal quicker.

Lisa

1 comment:

Lynsie said...

"He wanted to be next to someone and be loved on so bad." eyes tearing up now. I send him and you warm thoughts of full recovery.