Shelter rescue - This boy is in awful shape. Check in with us from time to time to track his progress.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Baby Moses Update - Day 7 - One Week Since Rescue

It is hard to believe that it has been exactly a week since Baby Moses was rescued. He had been so neglected and only God knows what horrible conditions he was confined in. Sometime last Sunday he was dropped over a chain link fence and left at the Eufaula Animal Control Shelter to be put down. Sunday night he was found by Ester Reese, the shelter manager, when she came to check on the other dogs. She called me around 8:30 from her home and then met me back at the shelter. She had also called the Eufaula police to come and make a report and take pictures.

Ester, my husband, and I started bathing him. After almost two hours we had most of the fleas, ticks, filth, and caked blood washed off. Antibiotic ointment was applied to the open sores and eye ointment was applied to his eyes. Ester fixed him a nice soft bed from an old comforter and he was almost asleep before we turned out the lights to leave.

First thing Monday morning,Ester voluntarily took him to the vet to be checked over. I was suppose to pick him up that afternoon but instead had to leave him overnight for observation. The vet wanted to be sure there were no bad reactions to the medication he was given to clear his skin. He was diagnosed as having deep pyoderma and demodex.

Tuesday afternoon after work, I brought Baby Moses home with me where he has been ever since.

That is a lot of stress and trauma for a little bully to go through. He has healed amazingly well in the short time that I have had him though there is still a ways to go before all the sores and scabs are gone.

Every day is a new adventure for him now. He is sleeping less and less and getting more curious and alert to what is going on around him. I feed him three small meals a day with snacks and treats in between. His house training is coming along well and in another week or two should be fully house broken.

I have kept Ester informed of his progress and today she came by for a little visit.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Checking out what is going on in the rest of the house.


I am cutting his toenails a little bit at a time. Maybe in a week or two they will look normal.


I thought he was facinated with the bulldogs but looks like he is trying to look up the dolls dresses. I guess boys will be boys !


"Is this what I am suppose to look like?"


This is Ester Reese from Eufaula Animal Control. All he wanted to do was lick her in the face.


This was what he looked like last Sunday night before he was cleaned.


This is what he looks like today !! I can't wait to see what he will look like in a few more weeks.


A big thank you from Baby Moses for all of your prayer, support, and love.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/southernalbulldogs//a>>

You think dogs will not be in Heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.

Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments: